The respectful refurbishment of this 1880’s old dairy with contemporary additions is balanced with a quirky furnishings strategy that bridges old and new. The interlinking series of spaces have their own meaning and character reflecting the art collection and personalities of the owners.
Our response to the building’s original dominant materials was to embrace the earth tones but mitigate with softer linking finishes and introduce furnishings that enhance each area. This is clearly exemplified in the kitchen to gallery/dining room area where new floorboards unite the old and new. The mood and finishes of the new kitchen comfortably lead into the traditional formal dining gallery with reinstated period details, original fireplace and contemporary furniture, within a richly coloured and textured envelope.
The success of this delightful project was to a large extent due to a trusting and collaborative relationship with our client.